Let us reassure you
We’re open and welcome new patients. All procedures – including those which produce aerosol – are available. Every member of our team has been fully COVID-vaccinated, and we’re committed to your safety with all the required protective equipment and procedures in place. What’s more, we won’t be charging you more to cover our PPE, unlike some other practices! Here’s what to expect...
Safety measures at The Practice
We have a thorough triage procedure, and as well as strict cross infection measures. Our policies are reviewed regularly, and our staff training is updated in-line with new advice as it emerges. We’ve made changes in personal protective equipment used by our staff, surgery and reception design as well as patient flow through the practice.
- If you are over the age of 16, we ask that you come to your appointment on your own.
- Younger children may be accompanied by one parent or carer.
- Please leave guests, bags and extra belongings at home.
How we’re keeping you safe
- When you arrive, we ask that you wait outside the surgery, in your car if you can. Call us to let us know you’ve arrived and we’ll invite you in as soon as we’re ready for you.
- We insist on sanitizer for every visitor at the door.
- We are disinfecting surfaces – including door handles and banisters leading to the surgery – every 20 minutes.
- We are working with as much ventilation as possible.
- We are maintaining our strict standards of handwashing.
- We’ll be wearing all appropriate personal protective clothing and using protective equipment.
- We are working at a pace that allows us to maintain these high hygiene standards.
Got a question?
Please check our Coronavirus FAQs – if it’s not covered, just contact our friendly reception team.Contact us
Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQS:
Are you open?
Yes. We are currently open as normal, though we are taking extra care to keep you – and our team – safe.
Should I attend my appointment?
In most cases, yes. There are three questions to ask first though:
- Have you got a high temperature and feel hot to touch on your chest or back, or developed a new, continuous cough (started coughing repeatedly)?
- Have you been told to self isolate – or quarantine after travelling abroad?
- Have you been in touch with anyone with a confirmed case of Covid-19?
If yes, please call 111 for help to access treatment and do not attend.
Do you sell hand sanitizer?
Unfortunately not. We have a good stock to keep our patients safe, but we need to be mindful of how long the pandemic may last.
How do I cancel my appointment?
Please call us on 01283 707385 if you’re due to visit today – or email or call us for less immediate appointments.